Meat, poultry and fish are all awesome but lets face it a good side dish can transform a meal. This recipe is packed with vitamins, tastes fantastic and could be enjoyed with a steak, chicken, salmon or some prawns cooked into would be amazing. Give it a try. Make a big batch so it lasts a couple of days.
Vegetable spaghetti with mint and parsley
- 5 large courgettes peeled with a julienne peeler
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed or finely chopped
- 500g cherry tomatoes halved
- 100g pitted olives chopped
- 1 tbsp of capers, drained and chopped
- Handful each of fresh mint and fresh parsley chopped
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a pan of olive oil and add the onions, tomatoes and garlic, stir and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the olives, capers and mixed herbs and stir through.
- After a couple of minutes add the courgette spaghetti, season with the salt and pepper and toss all the ingredients together. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. The courgette cooks very quickly and if over cooked will just go really soggy so keep an eye on it.
- See how simple that was. Feel free to enjoy with anything you like or on it’s own as a little snack.