This banana and blueberry calzone is ideal if you’re looking for a nutritious sweet breakfast option. It’s full of protein and fibre to help set you up for the day and keep you feeling fuller for longer, plus it’s totally delicious. Get cracking!
Banana & Blueberry Calzone
- Coconut oil or butter for cooking
- 3–4 eggs, beaten
- 1 banana, sliced
- Small handful blueberries
- 1 tbsp. walnuts, halved
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- ½ tsp. grated nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. raw honey (optional)
- Place a small amount of coconut oil or butter in a pan and melt over a low heat.
- Add the beaten egg to pan and tilt the pan to allow the egg mixture to cover the base and cook gently for 2–3 minutes, using a spatula carefully flip it over, allow to cook for a minute.
- Place the banana, blueberries and walnuts in the middle of the omelette, sprinkle with cinnamon, salt
and nutmeg, drizzle with a little honey, if adding.
- Fold the omelette in half to encase the filling and seal the edges by pressing down with the spatula.
- Allow to cook for another 2–3 minutes.