For more recipe inspiration check out our latest book, Paleo Primer: A Second Helping.
Fitter Dairy Free Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ tsp pure peppermint extract (or more as desired)
- 2 squares dark chocolate, chopped (or 2 tbsp cacao nibs)
- ¼ tsp spirulina (optional to colour)
- 1 tbsp cashew butter (optional)
- Almond milk to taste
- Blend the bananas with the peppermint extract, spirulina and cashew butter (if adding). You can also add a little almond milk for a smoother ice cream.
- Start by adding a small amount, blend and repeat until the mixture reaches the desired texture. Be careful not to add too much or the ice cream will become too soft.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chunks or cacao nibs.
- Eat immediately or place in a container and freeze for a few hours for a firmer mixture that scoops easily.