For the base
- 1 medium cauliflower grated or blended (but not to a pulp)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 mozzarella ball grated or finely broken
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 400g tin/carton of chopped tomatoes
- Handful of fresh basil chopped
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black paper
Toppings: This one is up to you and you can be as creative as you like! Look up traditional ingredients from the countries you are representing or watching. It’s great fun and allows you to try ingredients you may not of previously have thought of and it’s certainly a way for the whole family to enjoy Fitter Food.
The England vs. Italy Pizza
For our England vs. Italy Pizza we used egg, bacon, sausage and tomato to represent England and for Italy we went with mozzarella, pepperoni, olives and fresh basil. When it comes to the football we are England all the way but when it comes to pizza toppings…this one was a draw.
Little tip: some mozzarella or goats cheese goes great with any other toppings 🙂