Fitter Ferrero Eggs
- Prep: 30 Minutes
- Cook: -
- Serves: Makes 15 truffles
Lynne and Matt are the inspiration behind this recipe after mentioning their plans to dive face first into their favourite chocolates this Easter. The Fitter Ferrero came to the rescue with much more cocoa and a lot less sugar!
Fitter Ferrero Eggs
We actually tested these out using egg moulds. You may need to melt a little more chocolate depending on the size of the egg moulds you get. You add a layer of melted chocolate and allow to set in the fridge before adding the nut and dough centre (you need to squash it a little, cover with more melted chocolate and a sprinkle of chopped hazelnuts. Place in the fridge to set.
- 15 macadamia nuts
- 200g dark chocolate (85% cocoa solids)
- 100g hazelnut butter (we used Biona)
- 2 tbsp raw honey or xylitol
- 40g coconut flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 100g chopped, roasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C/300 ° F/gas mark 2.
- Place the macadamias on a baking sheet and gently toast for 10 minutes, keep an eye on them and remove from the oven when they begin to turn golden. Allow to cool.
- Break up the dark chocolate and melt in a heat proof bowl over hot water on a low heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine the hazelnut butter, coconut flour, sweetener (honey is easiest to manage) and vanilla extract. The mixture should form a dough that you can roll into balls, if the mixture is falling apart add a teaspoon of water and mix again, repeat this until the mixture binds.
- Once the chocolate has melted remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Lay the chopped hazelnuts out on a plate.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof paper on a chopping board and get ready for the fun part 🙂 Take a toasted macadamia and wrap with a layer of the dough mixture to make a truffle sized ball, dip into the melted chocolate and then roll in the chopped hazelnuts and place on the greaseproof paper to set. You should make around 12-15 chocolates. If you have space in the fridge place the chopping board in there to help them set quicker.
Fitter Peanut Butter Fondue
Fitter Campfire Stew
Fitter Footy Pizza
English Breakfast Scotch Eggs
Mexican Style Lamb Scotch Eggs
Moroccan Style Lamb Scotch Eggs