Wow there’s been some cold mornings this week and we know the first thing you might be craving is a warm bowl of porridge so we came to the rescue with a healthy twist on a classic British breakfast. The difference with our Ready Brekkie is that it’s packed with nothing but AWESOME, healthy ingredients. The best bit is putting your own stamp on this recipe with your own favourite flavours.
- 1 heaped tsp of butter or coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 scoop whey/rice protein
- 1/3 can of coconut milk
- 1 dessertspoon of nut butter (either almond, hazelnut or cashew butter)
- Pinch of Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- Melt butter or coconut oil in saucepan over a low heat.
- Mash your bananas and place in a saucepan.
- Add the egg yolk, protein powder and 1/3 can coconut milk, nut butter and stir until the mixture forms the consistency of porridge.
- emove from the heat and add salt to taste and sprinkle with cinnamon.
The Best Bit…
You can add all sorts to create your favourite flavour including cocoa, berries, grated apple, nutmeg and ginger, get experimenting!