This is Matt’s favourite recipe from our book Paleo Primer: A Second Helping and is a big hit with friends and family.
Carrot, Apple and Sultana Cake
- 3 Eggs
- 60ml Olive oil
- 250g Ground almonds
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 250g Apple (roughly 2 medium apples) cored and grated
- 250g Carrots (grated)
- 60g Walnut, roughly chopped
- 115g Sultanas
- Pre heat the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
- Line an 8 inch cake tin with greaseproof paper and grease the base and sides with a little butter or olive oil.
- Beat the eggs and olive oil until smooth.
- Add the almonds, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix again
- Finally, stir in the apple, carrots, walnuts and sultanas.
- Pour the cake mix into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for 60-90 minutes. Check the cake after 50 minutes by inserting a clean knife. If the knife comes our dry, the cake is ready.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing and serving.