For more awesome Fitter Food friendly cakes and desserts check out our best selling book Paleo Primer: A Second Helping which is now available to buy.
Chocolate Ginger Cake
- 450g Dark Chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)/li>
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea or Himalayan Pink Salt
- 8 eggs
- 120g Xylitol or coconut palm sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Line a 9-inch cake tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of water on a medium heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, sugar or xylitol, fresh ginger, ginger powder and salt in a food processor for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg mixture with the melted chocolate. Spoon the batter into the prepared cake tin and sprinkle the top with a pinch of salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 30-40 minutes. Check with a skewer, it comes out clean it’s ready. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.