Lockdown Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana Bread
- Prep: -
- Cook: 35-45 Minutes
- Serves: 12 Slices
Is it even lockdown if you didn’t bake banana bread?! 🤔 😂
This chocolate, banana and peanut butter bread is NEXT LEVEL.
Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed! Then for even more recipes and to work out with us daily from home head to fitter365.com and start your free 7 day trial.
- 160g oats
- 3 large bananas
- 3 eggs (or substitute 3 flax eggs)
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 180g crunchy peanut butter (substitute any nut, seed or dairy butter – you can also use half nut butter and half dairy butter)
- 60g runny honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the oats in a blender and blitz into a flour then place in a large mixing bowl. Add the baking powder, mixed spice, bicarbonate of soda, salt and vanilla extract, mix together.
- Set aside one banana and put the other two in a blender with the eggs. Beat until light and fluffy. Add to the oat mixture and stir in the nut butter. Mix until it forms a cake batter.
- Chop the remaining banana into thin slices and add half to the batter (keep a few to scatter on top of the bread), add the chopped chocolate and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and place the sliced banana on top.
- Once baked remove from the tin and allow to cool. Slice and serve.
⚡ Bake for 35-45 minutes. Before removing from the oven insert a knife in the middle and check it comes out clean so you know the loaf is baked all the way through. Keep checking as it’s easy to over cook this loaf (TIP: If it ends up a little dry serve topped with butter or nut butter)
Peanut Butter Truffles
Crunchy Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Banana and Blueberry Calzone
Protein Banana Chia Porridge
Banana Nut Muffins