- Prep: 15
- Cook: 30
- Serves: 4
A Festive Fitter Christmas Crumble studded with apples and mincemeat and topped with a generous helping of blitzed walnuts, oats and a dollop of cinnamon.
- 2 medium apples (pears also work well)
- 3 bananas
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 100g mincemeat
- 30g walnuts, crushed
- 150g oats (blitzed into oat flour)
- 60g rolled oats
- 70g butter (plus heaped teaspoon for cooking),
- Natural yogurt or fresh cream
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Cut the apples into quarters and remove the cores. Slice each piece in two. Melt a heaped teaspoon of butter in a sauce pan over a medium heat and add the apples.
- Stir for 1–2 minutes to coat the apples in the butter. Add a tablespoon of water and cook over a medium heat for around five minutes, until the apples begin to soften.
- Transfer the apples to a small ovenproof dish (approx. 7 x
11 inches). Slice the bananas over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and add the crushed walnuts.
- Top with mincemeat by adding a teaspoon at a time, place evenly over the top of the fruit and spread gently with the back of the spoon.
- Place the oat flour in a mixing bowl, add the butter and combine to make a breadcrumb like consistency.
- Stir in the remaining rolled oats. Add a little more butter to the mixture if it’s too dry and not sticking together. Once combined add the oat mixture to the fruit in the ovenproof dish and transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until crisp and golden on top. Serve warm or cold with yogurt or cream.
Ultimate Chrimbo Burger
Chrimbo Pudding Bites
Berry and Walnut: Crumble For One