If portion control is an issue for you, this is ideal. Use any combination of fruits and nuts to put together your favourite crackin crumble!
Berry and Walnut: Crumble For One
- 100g berries (enough to fill a ramekin dish 3⁄4 full)
- 2 dessertspoons of ground almonds
- 1 dessertspoon of butter (ghee or coconut oil can be substituted)
- 3 walnuts roughly chopped
- 2–4 drops of stevia or teaspoon of raw honey or xylitol
- Place berries into the ramekin and press slightly to ensure you have enough room for a topping.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter or coconut oil and ground almonds to create breadcrumbs.
- Add the walnuts and sweetener (if using) and mix again.
- Gently press the mixture on top of the berries until completely covered, filling any gaps with a dusting of ground almonds.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden on top.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!