- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 heaped tsp. mixed herbs
- 390g Italian chopped tomatoes
- 450ml beef stock (or substitute chicken or vegetable stock)
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the garlic, onions, celery, carrots, red pepper and sauté until the vegetables start to soften, around 10 minutes.
- Pour over the chopped tomatoes and stock; add the herbs, salt and black pepper.
- Finally stir in the chopped courgette.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer for 20 minutes.