It’s big, it’s green and it packs a punch! This soup is perfect for the cold, frosty weather and is packed full of immune boosting nutrients to make you invincible this winter. This is a batch cooked recipe so perfect for a big family gathering or to be frozen ahead of time. Feel free to halve the measures to make a smaller batch.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 x dice sized cubes of ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 4 leeks, chopped
- 600g frozen peas
- 4 courgettes chopped
- 1 whole broccoli chopped
- 250g green beans chopped
- Handful of fresh mint
- 800ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large bag of spinach
- 4 heaped tbsp green pesto
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and add the garlic, ginger, onion and leeks. Cook for a couple of minutes stirring occasionally.
- Now add the peas, courgettes, broccoli, green beans, mint and stir a little before adding the stock, salt and pepper and bringing to the boil. Turn down to simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked, stirring through occasionally. The stock should just cover all the vegetables.
- Add the spinach and wilt down before using a stick blender or food processor to mix the ingredients together. Taste and season as required. If the consistency is too thick add a little more stock or water.
- Stir in the pesto, taste again and serve.