Moroccan Vegetable Tagine
- 500g butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 500ml chicken or vegetables stock
- 1 heaped tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 dried, unsulphured apricots, chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 250g cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Place all the ingredients in a large casserole dish, stir to combine. The vegetables should be covered by the stock if not add a little more stock or water.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer for 30–40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add a little more seasoning if needed and serve with a generous handful of fresh coriander.