- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 red chilli’s de-seeded and finely chopped (or 2-3 tsp chilli flakes for a hot chilli)
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. coriander
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 450g cooked chickpeas
- 230g cooked black beans
- 500–600ml vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh coriander (to serve)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat before adding the garlic, onion, carrots, leek, peppers, chilli and stirring through. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper, stir through and cook for a further few minutes before adding the tomato puree and stirring again.
- Finally add the tomatoes, chickpeas, black beans, vegetable stock and stir to combine. Bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for about 45 minutes,
- Serve topped with fresh coriander.