- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Place the ground meat, onions, carrots, and garlic in a pan with fat to brown.
- Once the onions and carrots have softened and the meat has started to brown, mix in the fresh herbs, smoked paprika, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Let it heat through for another 5 minutes.
- While the mixture is cooking, start to make the Cauliflower Mash topping. (Remember to double the recipe)
- Place the meat mixture into a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and top with a one-inch layer of Cauliflower Mash. Cover the meat completely, not leaving any gaps.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30–40 minutes until the topping browns nicely.
If you like more of a gravy with your Primal Pie, add a cup of meat stock to the meat filling before topping
with the Cauliflower Mash.