Caribbean flavours are a great way to jazz up fish dishes and we made up this recipe to use up some leftover vegetables. Similar to all our recipes it’s so easy to do. Give it a try.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
4 fillets of sea bream
5 spring onions finely chopped
1 yellow bell pepper finely chopped
8 cherry tomatoes finely chopped
1 fresh garlic clove crushed
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon all spice
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 pinches of Himalayan salt
1 medium cauliflower
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
– Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
– For the sauce simply add the olive, lime juice, smoked paprika, all spice and salt to a bowl and mix well.
– Add the pepper, tomatoes, garlic and spring onions to another bowl and mix together and ensure all is finely chopped.
– Coat the bottom of an oven dish with a little olive oil to avoid the fish sticking.
– Coat your fish fillets in the sauce and place them in the oven dish with the skin down.
– Now top them with the chopped veg and place in the oven to cook for about 20-25 minutes.
– Cook until the veg on top starts to brown on the corners.
– We served this with cauliflower rice, which is so easy to do.
– Whilst the fish is cooking and about 1o minutes from being fully cooked start your rice. Lightly grate the cauliflower into a pan (it should look similar to rice). Heat the pan and create a space in the middle of the grated cauliflower and add the coconut oil, as it melts stir it through coating all of the cauliflower. Cook this on a low heat and stir often to avoid it burning.
– Cook your rice until soft or with a little crunch depending on your preference. The coconut oil gives a great taste to the cauliflower.
– Serve your fish on top of a bed of cauliflower rice and enjoy.