It’s no secret we LOVE Scotch eggs, especially Fitter Food Scotch eggs. They are a fantastic protein hit, highly nutritious and different variations are only limited by your imagination. This hearty version is up there as one of our favourites and fresh out the oven, they are out of this world. So get involved Fitties – make a batch now and put a smile on the whole family’s face. Share your version with us on social media with #fitterscotcheggs.
Bacon, Cheese & Onion Scotch Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 12 quality sausages (we use The Black Farmer)
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon chopped
- 3-4 spring onions chopped
- 120g cheddar cheese grated
- 100g oat bran
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Place 10 of the eggs into boiling water, bring to the boil again and cook for 4 minutes before placing them immediately into cold water to stop them cooking any longer.
- Whilst the eggs are cooking remove the skins from the sausages then mix the meat with the bacon, spring onions and cheese thoroughly using your hands.
- Peel the eggs, beat the remaining 2 in a bowl and scatter the oat bran out on a plate ready to coat the eggs.
- Shape the meat around each egg (don’t make them too thick) before rolling them in the beaten egg then the oat bran before placing in a baking tray or on a grill tray and cooking in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.