Bacon and Maple Syrup Pancakes
- Prep: 5
- Cook: 8
- Serves: 2
We love New York and every time we go one of the highlights is the pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, so it’s only right we make our favourite combo on pancake day right? These pancakes taste awesome and are full of goodness too. Great workout fuel, perfect for a carb refeed or simply just as a treat.
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp ground flaxseed
- 8 rashers streaky bacon (smoked or unsmoked)
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 2 tsp organic maple syrup (1 for each portion)
- 2 pinches of pink salt
- 2 tsp. grass fed butter
- Chop the banana and add to a food processor with all the other ingredients except the butter.
- As that blends start cooking your bacon in a pan on a medium heat.
- Heat a separate pan and start to melt down the butter.
- As the pan heats keep blending your ingredients until they form a batter.
- Add the mixture to the pan creating pancakes that are about 4 inches in width. Of course the bigger the pan the more you can add at one time, although we have cooked this as one big pancake and folded like an omelette.
- To serve, top each pancake with 1-2 rashers of bacon then drizzle some maple syrup over the top. Repeat for the second serving.
Creamy Bacon and Leek Courgetti
Bacon Breakfast Bowls