We love creating new scotch egg ideas. Scotch eggs are a nutritious, convenient meal or snack any time of the day. We cook large batches and spread out across the week or freeze.
English Breakfast Scotch Eggs
- 12 gluten free sausages
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon chopped/cubed (optional)
- 12 cherry tomatoes finely chopped (optional)
- 12 eggs (2 are for coating)
- 100g grounds almonds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 180c.
- Fill a saucepan with water, big enough to hold 12 eggs or use 2 smaller ones and bring to the boil, add the eggs and boil for 6 mins. Once cooked place them in cold water.
- Remove skins from the sausages and place the sausage meat, bacon, tomatoes (if adding) salt and pepper into a large bowl and using your hands mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Peel the eggs and set aside.
- For the coating of the eggs sprinkle the ground almonds on a plate and season, beat the 2 remaining eggs in a bowl.
- One by one shape the meat around your eggs ensuring there are no gaps and dip it in the beaten egg before rolling in the ground almonds to coat thoroughly.
- Place the scotch eggs on a grill tray and bake in the oven for 30-35 until the tops go nice and crispy.
Top Tip: Wet your hands when shaping the meat around the eggs as it makes them easier to handle and stops the meat sticking to your hands.