Squash, Lentil and Mushroom Dhansak
- 500g butternut squash (roughly 1 small squash), peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 400g passata
- 2 tbsp. medium curry powder
- 400g tin light coconut milk
- 6 sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped (optional)
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 400g tin lentils, drained
- 200g baby spinach
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- 2 poppadoms
- 100g 0% fat yogurt
- 100g full fat yogurt
- 100g coconut yogurt
- To speed up the cooking time put the squash in a bowl with a little water, cover and microwave for 10 mins or until tender (alternatively you can par boil in a saucepan).
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, stir fry for a few mins until soft. Add the passata, curry powder, coconut milk and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 10–15 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir in mushrooms, lentils and spinach. Simmer for another 5–6 minutes until the mushrooms soften. Serve topped with yogurt and fresh coriander.