Chicken and Mushroom Curry
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 diced size cube of fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp turmeric
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 5 skinless chicken breasts or 8 thighs diced
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 heaped tbsp tomato puree
- 1-2 tsp Himalayan pink or Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Juice 1 lemon
- 250g mushrooms
- 200g green beans
- Large handful of fresh coriander to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat before adding the garlic, onion, ginger, cumin, turmeric, garam masala, coriander and stir. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the onions start to soften.
- Add the chicken and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the chicken begins to brown, then add the stock, tomatoes, tomato puree, salt and pepper and stir.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add the mushrooms, green beans, lemon juice and simmer for another 6-8 minutes.
- Season to taste if required and serve top with fresh coriander.