Sweet Coconut and Garlic Prawns
- Coconut oil for the pan
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 180g raw prawns (ideally wild, usually in the frozen section of supermarkets)
- 2–3 tbsp Tomato Sauce (use our recipe Quick and Easy Tomato Sauce or store-bought)
- 1 tbsp creamed coconut, grated from a block
- 1 Melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Once the garlic starts to brown, add the raw shrimp. As soon as they start to change color, add the tomato sauce.
- Grate the creamed coconut over the shrimp, and continue stirring until a creamy sauce starts to form.
- Taste, and once you’re happy with the sauce’s consistency, serve the dish with steamed broccoli or a large mixed salad.