Another warming, winter curry packed with greens and spices. This spicy sweet potato and spinach curry is an awesome vegetarian dish or a great side dish. We’ve also reinvented leftover cooked meat or fish by adding to this dish so it’s a great staple base for your repertoire.
Spicy Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry
- Three large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 500ml chicken stock
- 200ml passata
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp Himalayan or Pink Salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of Ras el Hanout
- ½ -1 tsp paprika
- 200g spinach
- Place the sweet potatoes, chicken stock, passata, tomato puree, salt and spices in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to the boil and then simmer on a medium heat for about 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Just before serving add the spinach and allow to wilt down for 3-4 minutes.
- Season with more salt if necessary and serve.