Carrot, Cumin and Ginger Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, butter or olive oil for cooking
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 inch chunk of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 kg carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 litre broth/stock
- Himalayan Pink or Celtic Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds to sprinkle
- Sauté the garlic and ginger in the coconut oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add the broth/stock and cumin powder and simmer for about 45 minutes – 1 hour until the carrot is soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.