Carrot and Butter Bean Soup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 600g carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1–2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 litre of vegetable stock (add more water if desired once cooked)
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat before adding the onion, carrots and garlic and stirring through. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the butter beans, salt, pepper, coriander and cumin and stir again, cook for a few more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock, stir, bring to the boil, cover and then reduce the heat to simmer for 25–30 minutes or until cooked.
- Use a stick blender and blitz until smooth, add more seasoning or water to reach your desired taste and consistency.
- Top with fresh coriander and serve.