A delicious treat to go with your daily brew and the perfect platform for some nutritious, grass fed butter. Packed with anti-inflammatory spices, fruit and veggies this is totally Fitter Food.
Buttered Carrot and Ginger Loaf
- 6 eggs
- 60g coconut sugar, raw honey or xylitol
- 65ml butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 banana
- 3 medium carrots grated
- 2 x 2inch pieces of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp Himalyan Pink Salt or Celtic Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder (we used Dove’s)
- 100g buckwheat flour (or ground almonds or coconut flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the eggs, melted butter or coconut oil, banana, carrots, coconut sugar, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a food processor. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin.
- Bake for around 40–45 minutes. Before removing from the oven insert a knife in the middle and check it comes out clean so you know the loaf is baked all the way through.
- Once baked remove from the tin and allow to cool. Slice and serve topped with butter.