Curries are awesome! They taste amazing, are packed with anti inflammatory spices and are a great way to get a healthy dose of vegetables. We often use chicken thighs for curry as they are more flavoursome and often cheaper than chicken breast meat.
Chicken and Spinach Curry
- 300g spinach
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 onion roughly chopped
- 3 tomatoes quartered
- 3cm piece of ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2-1 green chilli deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 600g skinless and boneless chicken thighs cut into cubes or strips
- 100ml double cream (optional or use coconut milk)
- Steam your spinach for about 2 mins until wilted. Strain off the excess water, reserve the cooking water before adding the spinach and about 100ml of the cooking water into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Place in a bowl and put to one side.
- Add the garam masala, onion, salt, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, chilli and a little water to the same food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat and add the mixture you just made, stir it through and simmer for about 15 mins stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken, spinach and cream, stir through thoroughly before cooking for another 15 mins until the chicken is cooked through, stir occasionally.
- Serve with some cauliflower rice or white rice, top with some fresh coriander, a drizzle more cream and enjoy.