Chocolate Chip Courgette Loaf
- 1 medium courgette, grated
- 3 eggs
- 80g smooth nut butter or butter (peanut, almond or macadamia work well) *substitute seed butter
- 50g coconut flour
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped (70-85% cocoa)
- 60ml honey
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Bicarb of soda
- Pinch of salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Prepare your loaf tin by lining with greaseproof paper.
- Remove excess water from the courgette by placing between two sheets of kitchen towel or a tea towel and squeezing, place in a bowl.
- Place the eggs and banana in a blender and blitz.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly into a cake batter.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf tin and place in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes, insert a knife and check it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving.