This was a frequent favourite recipe of ours when we first transitioned to a Paleoish lifestyle. Try a few slices of Courgette and Rosemary loaf topped with parma ham if you fancy something a bit different to a store-bought loaf of bread.
Courgette and Rosemary Loaf
- 1 courgette grated
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary chopped
- 5 Sundried tomatoes chopped
- 10 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut oil (to grease the loaf tin)
Top Tip: Adding 2–3 crushed garlic cloves before baking makes this a fantastic alternative to garlic bread. You can also add add 50-100g of coconut flour to give the loaf a more ‘bread like’ texture. Sieve into the beaten egg.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/350 ̊F/gas mark 4.
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil or line with greaseproof paper.
- Place the eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat until the white and yolks are blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grate the courgette into the beaten egg. Stir in the rosemary and sundried tomatoes.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Use a knife to check it is cooked in the middle; the knife should come out clean if it is.