We are huge fans of dark chocolate (especially thick, chunky slabs!) but always a little disappointed by the lack of variety and flavours on offer so decided to create our own by simply melting down some 85% and adding various nuts, spices and fruit It’s awesome fun to do and makes a fantastic gift idea.
Date and Walnut Chunky Choc
- 300g dark chocolate (85% cocoa solids)
- 80g medjool dates, chopped
- 80g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Line an 8” loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir in the walnuts and dates.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the loaf tin and place in the fridge to set.
Top Tip: These make a great gift idea if placed in a decorative glass jar. Here’s some of our favourite flavours:
– Orange extract and crystallised ginger
– Toasted hazelnut and cacao nibs
– Pecan, cranberry and pumpkin seeds
– Toasted almond and sea salt