Easter has to be the second best weekend of the year (after Crimbo of course!) If you are seeing friends and family be sure to serve up these tasty Easter biscuits with a brew.
Easter Spice Biscuits
- 225g chestnut flour (or ground almonds)
- 110g butter softened
- 1 egg to bind
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 4 tbsp sultanas
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup (Optional: chestnut flour is already sweet so add these to your taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/350 ° F/gas mark 4.
- Rub the butter and chestnut flour (or almonds) together either by hand or using a food processor.
- Add the spices, honey and sultanas.
- Add an egg to bind the biscuit mixture and mix again. If the mixture isn’t sticking add a small amount of water or almond milk (1 tablespoon at a time) until it binds into a dough.
- Place the dough between 2 pieces of greaseproof paper dusted with a little flour on a flat surface. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin or glass bottle to a 1⁄2 cm thickness.
- Cut out biscuit shapes using a cookie cutter or the rim of a drinking glass. Place biscuits onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper or a little oil to prevent them from sticking.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy. Sometimes we turn off the oven and leave for a little longer to get them nice and crunchy 🙂
- Leave to cool and serve. Keep in an air tight tin for up to one week.