An awesome tasting, healthy and super quick recipe. A great way of getting some top quality protein, vegetables and healthy fats. We have used rump steak for this dish (grass fed) so it’s nice and cheap yet still full of goodness. I cooked this dish for my Mum for lunch as she is not feeling well. Grass fed beef is full of minerals such as zinc and immune boosting proteins. Both garlic and honey have anti bacterial and anti viral properties. Making this a great winter dish.
5 Spice Beef, Veg & Cashew Nut Stir Fry
- Knob of butter
- 400-500g grass fed rump steak cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 100-120g sugar snap peas
- 250g savoy cabbage chopped
- 5-6 spring onions chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 25-30g cashew nuts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium sized cauliflower (optional)
- Heat the butter in a pan then add the beef, spring onions, garlic and 5 spice. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add the savoy cabbage, sugar snap peas, salt and pepper. Stir fry for 2 mins and then reduce the heat.
- In a bowl mix the tamari, honey and lime juice and add to the stir fry with the cashew nuts. Stir fry for a further 3-4 mins or until cabbage is cooked through.
- Enjoy on its own or with some cauliflower rice (see below).
- Simply grate a medium sized cauliflower and either steam it until soft or pan fry in a little butter. It really is that simple.