This is a great recipe for kids to get stuck into this weekend, so much fun to make and even more fun to eat!
Fruit and Nut Easter Nests
- 200g dark chocolate (85% cocoa solids)
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp dried fruit (we used currants)
- 24 whole macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp raw honey (optional)
- Cupcake cases
- Break up the dark chocolate and melt in a heat proof bowl over hot water on a low heat.
- Once melted allow to cool and add the coconut, dried fruit and honey if adding.
- Place a spoonful of mixture in a cupcake case and shape into a nest, use the back of a teaspoon to press down the centre and shape the edges around the case. The cooler the chocolate mixture the easier it is to shape.
- Place in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- Place 3 macadamia nuts in each egg before serving.
Tip: You can dip the macadamia nuts in a little natural food colouring like beetroot juice to make coloured eggs 🙂