Protein Banana Chia Porridge
- Prep: 10-15 minutes
- Cook: 5 Minutes (ideally soak over night)
- Serves: 1
This banana chia porridge is a great option if you’re looking for an egg or oat free breakfast. Chia seeds are a cracking source of Omega 3, protein and fibre. To help maximise the benefits of the seeds, soak them over night in milk to create a chia tapioca mixture, which will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 150ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- 25g vanilla protein powder
- In a bowl, stir together chia seeds, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Allow to sit for 10–15 minutes or, even better, refrigerate overnight. The chia seeds will expand and absorb the liquid creating a chia tapioca.
- Mash the banana in a bowl (or use a blender). If you’re not keen on tapioca texture, add the chia seeds to the blender to make the porridge a smoother consistency.
- Place the chia mix and banana in a non-stick saucepan and gently warm through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the protein powder.
Banana Drop Scones
Cinnamon Banana Bites
Hot Cross Banana Loaf
Banana and Blueberry Calzone
Banana Nut Muffins