- 2 tbsp butter or ghee, plus more for the pan
- 4 large gluten-free sausages
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 1 tsp of butter or ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. Place the sausages in the pan and cook for 15 minutes or so, turning occasionally.
- While the sausages are cooking, place the sweet potato in a steamer for about 10–15 minutes or until soft.
- Once the potato is cooked, place in a bowl and add the butter or ghee. Mash with a fork or potato masher. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sausages on the mashed sweet potatoes with a side of Buttered Savoy Cabbage (with or without Bacon); pour the fat from the sausages as a gravy.