Citrus Salmon with Pea and Avocado Mash
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Himalayan Pink or Celtic Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 wild salmon fillets
FOR THE MASH:
- 250g new potatoes, halved
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 ripe avocado
- Knob of butter
- Celtic Sea or Himalayan Pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the new potatoes and peas to a steamer and cook for about 8–10 minutes until soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the ghee in a pan over a medium heat and add the garlic, lemon juice,
salt and pepper. Cook for about 30 seconds before adding the salmon fillets.
- Cook the salmon for around about 3–4 minutes on each side.
- When the potatoes and peas are cooked, drain and place in a bowl. Add the avocado, butter, salt and pepper and mash until smooth.
- Serve the salmon with the mash and pour over the leftover cooking juices from the salmon.