Blueberry Oat Scone Bites
- 250g oat flour (or substitute any flour or blitz oats in a blender)
- 50g rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 80g butter softened or substitute nut butter
- 50g honey (or substitute Xylitol)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40ml milk
- 50g walnuts,chopped (optional)
- 150g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Prepare a baking tray for the scones, either line with greaseproof paper or grease with a little oil or butter.
- Place the dry ingredients including the oat flour, rolled oats, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl, toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix the butter and honey together either by hand or using a food processor.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and milk to the butter mixture and combine.
- Transfer the butter mixture into the bowl with the oats and fold together to make a dough. If it’s too sticky add a little more flour. Once combined, gently fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
- Take spoonfuls of the dough and place on the prepared baking tray, wet your hands a little, and smooth/shape the top of the dough into a ball.
- Place the scones in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Keep in an air-tight container for up to one week.