Florentine Flapjack Bites
- Prep: 15 Minutes
- Cook: 25 Minutes
- Serves: 12-14 Squares
- 130g butter (or substitute any
nut butter or non dairy butter)
- 150ml honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 240g porridge oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. mixed spice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 60g 85% dark chocolate
- 30g pumpkin seeds (lightly
- 50g pecans (lightly toasted)
- 30ml maple syrup or honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 50g dried cranberries
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Place the butter, honey, vanilla and salt in a saucepan, stir until melted and the honey and butter combine together.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool a little. Add the oats, cinnamon, mixed spice and egg to the butter mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin and press down evenly.
- Place in the oven to cook for 20–25 minutes until golden on top.
- Allow to cool completely and prepare the topping.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (or use a microwave). Once melted set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and add the pecans and pumpkin seeds. Stir fry for 2–4 minutes until toasted and crispy.
- Remove from the heat and stir into the melted chocolate. Add the maple syrup, cranberries, cinnamon and mix together. Taste and sweetened with a little more maple syrup if needed.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the flapjack and place in the fridge or freezer to set for 30–60 minutes.
- Once the chocolate topping has set slice into squares.
Dark Chocolate and Salted Peanut Bake
Chocolate Protein Loaf
Easy Easter Chocolate Slabs
Chocolate Chip Courgette Loaf
Sweet Potato Chocolate Chilli
Dark Chocolate and Almond Cake
1 hour - 1 hour 15 Minutes
Berries and Chocolate Coconut Cream