These are an epic cookie alternative! Repeat EPIC! Packed with healthy monounsaturated fats, fibre and medium chain fatty acids from coconut oil, they are the perfect solution for a weekend night in treat or to aid any afternoon energy slump. Oh and they are yum!
Cookie Dough Bites
- 125g macadamias (you can substitute cashews or ground almonds)
- 45g coconut flour
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp Xylitol, honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 30g 85-90% dark chocolate, finely chopped
Top Tip: You can put Xylitol through a coffee grinder so it has a finer texture for any recipes.
- Place the nuts and coconut flour in a food food processor and pulse in a fine meal.
- Add the coconut oil, salt, sweetener, vanilla, cashew butter and blend. The mixture should form a dough, if it needs more moisture add a little coconut oil, if too oily add a little more coconut flour.
- Stir in the chocolate and roll into bite size balls and store in the refrigerator, these keep well but may dry a little over time.