Bacon and Banana Bread with Maple Drizzle
- 4 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 170g jar cashew or almond nut butter
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 50g coconut flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Chop the banana and add to a food processor with the eggs, nut butter and melted butter (or coconut oil if using).
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda and vanilla extract, mix until it forms a cake batter. Stir in the chopped bacon.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Before removing from the oven insert a knife in the middle and check it comes out clean so you know the loaf is baked all the way through.
- Once baked remove from the tin and allow to cool. Slice and serve straight from the oven with a drizzle of maple syrup or you can toast and add a topping of your choice.