Salmon and Red Pepper Fish Cakes
- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Cook: 8-10 Minutes
- Serves: 8
We always have cooked potatoes stocked up in the fridge and they’re perfect for this simple fish supper. Plus this dish is a great way to get some wild fish (skin and bones included) onto the weekly menu.
- 2 tins (213g) wild caught salmon, drained (include skin and bones)
- 400g new potatoes cooked and mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp ground flaxseed, rice flour or tapioca flour
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Olive oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and carefully shape into fish cake patties, add a little more flaxseed or flour if you struggle to bind and shape the mixture.
- Warm a little olive oil in a non stick pan over a moderate heat. Gently place the fish cakes in the pan and< cook on both sides until golden brown.The patties are delicate so handle carefully when flipping with a spatula.
Healthy Twist Fish N Chips
Sweet Pepper Prawn Supper
Super Fast Salmon Supper
Mackerel and Sweet Potato Fish Cakes
Simply Awesome Fish Curry
Mediterranean Fish Stew
Fish, Chips and Mushy Pea Cakes
Lemon Pepper Mackerel Pate