We always have cooked potatoes stocked up in the fridge and they’re perfect for this simple fish supper. Plus this dish is a great way to get some wild fish (skin and bones included) onto the weekly menu.
Salmon & Red Pepper Fish Cakes
- 2 tins (213g) wild caught salmon, drained (include skin and bones)
- 400g new potatoes cooked and mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp ground flaxseed, rice flour or tapioca flour
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Olive oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and carefully shape into fish cake patties, add a little more flaxseed or flour if you struggle to bind and shape the mixture.
- Warm a little olive oil in a non stick pan over a moderate heat. Gently place the fish cakes in the pan and< cook on both sides until golden brown.The patties are delicate so handle carefully when flipping with a spatula.