Mackerel and Sweet Potato Fish Cakes
- Prep: 15 Minutes
- Cook: 10 Minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter for cooking (use a good non-stick pan)
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 peppered mackerel fillets, cooked
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the sweet potato into small chunks, place in a steamer, and cook until soft.
- Place half the oil or butter in a frying pan, gently cook the onion in it, and remove from the heat.
- Drain the sweet potato and mash until smooth and creamy. Add the chopped rosemary.
- Break up the fillets, and add them into the mashed sweet potato. Mix in the cooked onion.
- Form the mixture into fish cakes.
- Melt the remaining oil in a frying pan and place the fish cakes on the heated pan.
- After around 5 minutes, flip the cakes over. These only take a few minutes on each side, so you need to keep your eye on the pan and be ready to turn them. They are ready when both sides are a nice golden brown
Sweet Potato Chocolate Chilli
Spicy Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
Almond Butter and Sweet Potato Soup
Sweet Potato Wedges
Curried Sweet Potato Mash
Spicy Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry