Fish, Chips and Mushy Pea Cakes
- 1 kg white potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 700g haddock or cod
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 300g peas
- 1 handful fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Celtic Sea or Himalayan Pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- Boil or steam the potatoes for 10–15 minutes until soft.
- While the potatoes cook, fry the fish fillets in a pan with 1 tablespoon of either coconut oil or butter.
- When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the peas to the pan to cook for the final few minutes.
- Place the potatoes and peas in a large bowl with the fresh dill, salt and pepper, and mash the ingredients together.
- Spread the rice flour out on a plate. Shape the potato mixture into fish cake patties and coat each with a little flour.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil or butter in a pan over a medium heat and cook the fish cakes for around 4 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve with salad and Tartare Sauce