Our favourite snack on the go. This is great post workout pick me up, packed with protein, healthy carbohydrates and antioxidants (we added some Matcha powder for an extra hit) or simply enjoy a slice topped with butter or nut butter with an afternoon brew.
- 3 bananas
- 6 eggs
- 80g vanilla protein powder (we used vanilla Sunwarrior and it was exceptional!)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1–2 tsp cinnamon
- 45g coconut flour (or ground flaxseed)
- Pinch of Himalayan Pink salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp Matcha green tea powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the bananas and eggs for 1–2 minutes in a processor or blender.
- Add the protein powder, chia, flaxseeds, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor. Sift in the flour, baking powder, cocoa and Matcha powder (if adding) and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin.
- Bake for around 40–45 minutes. Before removing from the oven insert a knife in the middle and check it comes out clean so you know the loaf is baked all the way through.
- Once baked remove from the tin and allow to cool. Slice and serve.