- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ½-1 red chilli
- 500g sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 100g mange tout
- 2 carrots, julienned (keep the middles and chop thinly to go into the stir fry)
- 3 courgettes, julienned (keep the middles and chop thinly to go into the stir fry)
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 3 tbsp honey/xylitol
- 2 tbsp tamari
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan or wok over a medium heat, then add the garlic, ginger and chilli,
and stir fry before adding the steak strips. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppers, mange tout and the middle of the carrots/courgettes (sliced), and stir fry for 4 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Mix the tomato purée, honey and tamari together in a bowl and pour over the meat and vegetables. Stir fry a little before adding the julienned courgette and carrots.
- Mix all the ingredients together and cook until the carrots have softened slightly.