- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne or chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Mix all the ingredients except the salmon in a bowl. If using coconut oil, be sure to melt it first. Keep mixing until all ingredients are blended together nicely.
- Coat the salmon fillets in the marinade and place in a baking dish.
- Top the salmon with any remaining marinade and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, depending on how well you like your fish cooked. This tastes great if you allow the salmon to crisp on top.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with Cauliflower Rice or half an avocado for a healthy meal packed with good fats