This recipe proved a HUGE success on our January Detox so we decided to share the love with our community. It makes a delicious accompaniment to all the hearty soups we’ve been enjoying lately! For more awesome Fitter Food bakes check out our book Fitter Food: A Second Helping.
Savoury Seed Loaf
- 10 eggs
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 40g ground flaxseed
- 40g coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tbs dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Line a large loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor beat the eggs until fluffy (around 2 minutes).
- Add the flaxseeds, coconut flour, baking powder, onion flakes, garlic, basil, rosemary and seasoning. Mix again until the ingredients are thoroughly combine.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl and stir in the grated carrot and seeds.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle with a few extra seeds.
- Place in to the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Insert a skewer in the middle to check it’s cooked through, it should come out dry.
- Allow to cool for 10–20 minutes before slicing. This is best served warm.