If you really want a bread or cake substitute this is it! Sweetened only with bananas and packed with healthy fats, protein and cinnamon making it the perfect pre or post workout snack. You can serve topped with butter, a drizzle of dark chocolate or if you’re Matt….bacon!
Banana and Cinnamon Loaf
- 4 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons of cinnamon (depending on how much you like cinnamon, start with 1)
- 170g jar of nut butter
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 50g coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder (we used Dove’s)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (you can melt the butter/coconut oil by placing in the oven in a heatproof dish whilst it’s warming). Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Chop the banana and add to a food processor with the eggs, nut butter and melted butter (or coconut oil if using).
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda and vanilla extract, mix until it forms a cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Before removing from the oven insert a knife in the middle and check it comes out clean so you know the loaf is baked all the way through.
- Once baked remove from the tin and allow to cool. Slice and serve with a topping of your choice.