We pimped up a classic treat here by swapping peanuts for macadamia nuts and coating in antioxidant rich (i.e healthy right!) dark chocolate. These taste awesome if the nuts are gently roasted in the oven beforehand but you can skip this stage if pushed for time and go straight to step 2.
Dark Chocolate M’n’Ms
- 250g bag of whole macadamias (larger nuts are better – of course!)
- 100g bar of 85% organic dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 150 ̊C/300 ̊F/gas mark 2 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, place the nuts on the tray and spread out. Bake for 40mins – 1 hour on a low heat until the nuts are lightly browned.
- Break the chocolate into squares and place in a heatproof dish over a pan of simmering water. Once melted remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Stir the macadamias into the chocolate and pour the mixture onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place in the fridge and once the mixture has set (this usually takes 30 minutes) break into chunks. Store in a glass jar.